Another holiday and another project, continuing the war against woodchip, we have started work on the bedroom. With everything decamped to the spare room last week I started wallpaper stripping and filling. The ceiling was approached with hesitation at the weekend. We tried two new things which worked quite well. Firstly we scored with a craft knife and stripped the paper in sections working as a team. Then after filling any big cracks we used flexible ceiling paint (from Wickes) which is thick enough to fill small cracks but can still be applied with a roller. Result a much smoother look with a lot less stress than skimming!
We’d nearly forgotten the colour of blue we’d chosen for the bedroom about 9 months ago in a half price offer. It is a lovely, calm blue that changes with the light.
After painting we got the bed back into place and it was crying out for some decoration. So far I’ve painted the birch photo frame that sat above the bed white to match the bed. However I’m planning to also add fabric covered panels into the recesses in the headboard to add interest. Plan is to use this Ikea fabric but I was tempted to use a green to try and match with the carpet.