Day 3 – The concrete is levelled at the office end.
Day 3 – preparing the walls for the cladding.
Day 3 – first cladding is on the far side, amazing progress!
Day 3 – The garage door is put in place
Day 3 – and the office patio door frame is in too.
This week Donald, Jerry and John (Jerry’s dad) have been working away with joiners Gus and Kevin to build our new garage and office. In only 3 days there has been fantastic progress with the frame built, roof on and doors in place. Also Donald has dug the trench for the electric cable and John has been removing the tiles in the bathroom ready for the project there next week.
Tonight was the first time I have seen the garage for myself and it is looking great. The sloped roof and the overhanging section over the office work really well and I can’t wait to see it all clad in the larch wood.
On Saturday we arrived back from a lovely week’s holiday in the Lake district and Wales. This was only the second time camping with Eva but she was great.
After camping in the lakes we went down to Wales to visit my best friend Lisa and her boyfriend Dean in their new home. Lisa also has a chocolate labrador called Glo and Eva had the time of her life, playing all day.
The holiday we knew was our only week in a very busy summer to switch off so all thoughts of the projects on the house were put to the back of our minds.
Arriving back we got straight to action putting up an ad offering the garage for free to anyone who could dismantle it.
We were a bit taken aback by the number of responses that evening so we thought it was worth seeing if the first one to reply could take it down the next day.
It was a big ask but at 11 o’clock David arrived, a young guy who wanted to make his own workshop from the timber, with a whole team of helpers. By 6 o’clock the site was completely clear and our garden 3 metres wider than we’d ever seen it.
The site is now ready for the new building which is going up in only a week and a half!
I’ve had quite a break from blogging but I’m back and with big news. Big, baby news! I’m 22 weeks pregnant and keeping well.
It is finally the summer holidays so I’m looking forward a bit more time for everything including getting back into sewing. There will also be a lot happening at the house as we try to get ready for baby.
We have 2 major projects planned and thankfully for me it is all out of my hands this time. I’ll be taking a break staying with my parents while firstly the garage is rebuilt and a garden office created for Donald and then our bathroom gets a much needed refresh. So there should be lots of updates to come over the summer.
This is exciting news. I saw the posts from last year’s challenge and as a fan of the show I couldn’t resist taking part this year. The deadline is April 1st so it will be a challenge as it is during term time but I’m going to try.
I want to pick something from Season 6 that I’ve just watched so looking at 2 possible dresses at the moment.
Peggy’s dress from the award ceremony in episode 5 which I think I might be able to adapt the anna/ charlotte dress as made by Roisin on the Dolly Clackett blog here.
Woo hoo, I have a finished dress. I kept up with the sew along posts but all the finishing jobs have taken a couple of days. It is a week after the hopeful valentine’s day deadline. This is the first evening dress I’ve made and I love it. The fabric works very well and by luck the v shape of the print lines up with the centre. I was worried the straps would be too thin but they fit perfectly and really suit the shape of the dress. I have to say that I tried the tricks tried I still found turning the straps out very difficult!
I went for size 8 for bodice and 10 for skirt which worked fine but I think I need to adjust the back panels as there is a little loose fabric.
It is a great pattern and I have to say I’m very tempted to try the babydoll version next.